Application Fee Waiver Information
How to Apply for a Graduate Application Fee Waiver
We now offer two ways in which you can request an application fee waiver for our program.
Option 1: You are eligible for a Virginia Tech Graduate School application fee waiver if you meet one of the following criteria.
- You are/were a McNair Scholar at your undergraduate institution.
- You participated in a Research Experience for Undergraduates program at Virginia Tech.
- You participated in a MAOP (Minority Academic Opportunities Program) summer program at Virginia Tech.
- You participated in VT PREP (Post-Baccalaureate Research and Education Program in the Biomedical and Behavioral Sciences).
- You participated in VT IMSD (Initiative to Maximize Student Diversity Program - A PhD Fellowship Program in the Biomedical & Behavior Sciences).
- You are a VEF (Vietnam Education Foundation) Fellow.
- You are a GEM Consortium Scholar.
- You participated in VT AMP or LSAMP (Louis Stokes Alliances for Minority Participation)
- Virginia State University/Virginia Tech UG/G 4+1
- You are returning from a Peace Corps assignment.
- You are active duty or veteran status.
Virginia Tech Graduate School application fee waiver approval must be received prior to submitting an online application. To get a fee waiver, complete this form and send to email@example.com or faxed to 540-231-1670. You should receive a response within one business day.
Option 2: You are eligible for a Virginia Tech - Wake Forest School of Biomedical Engineering application fee waiver if you meet ALL of the following criteria (limited number available).
- You are one of following racial and ethnic groups that are underrepresented in biomedical research: Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander.
- You are a U.S. Citizen.
- Have a GPA of 3.5 or above.
- Have a GRE score of 310 or higher (V+Q) and analytical score of 4.0 or higher.
- Anticipate completing a B.S. or M.S. degree in an engineering field by May 2019.
Email Amanda Covey at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 540-231-8789 if you have any questions.