Vincent Wang, Ph.D.
- Director of Industry Partners Program
- Biomedical Imaging
- Solid mechanics
- Tendon healing and repair
- Skeletal tissue mechanobiology
- Medical imaging and machine learning
- Orthopedic biomechanics
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine: Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2001-2005
- Columbia University: Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 2001
- Columbia University: M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1996
- Columbia University: B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1994
Awards, Honors, and Service
Selected Awards and Honors
- BEAM Leader in Teaching Award, May 2022
- Faculty Fellow, Asian Cultural Engagement Center, 2020 - 2021
- Kevin P. Granata Faculty Fellow (Virginia Tech), August 2016 - 2021
- Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF) Junior Investigator Grant, 2011
- Co-Chair, BEAM Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee, 2022 - present
- Co-Chair, Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Caucus, 2020 - present
- Member, Virginia Tech Commission on Equal Opportunity and Diversity (CEOD), 2022 - present
- Member, Board of Directors, Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), 2020 - 2022
- Chair, ORS Advocacy Council, 2020 - 2022
- Director, BEAM Industry Partners Program (IPP), 2020 - present
- Chair, ORS Scientific Communications Committee, 2018-2020
- BMES 2018 Annual Meeting Track Chair, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
- Associate Editor, Connective Tissue Research, 2015-present
- NIH SBSR/SBIR/STTR ad hoc reviewer, 2013-present
Lake S, Snedeker JG, Wang VM, Awad H, Screen HRC, Thomopoulos S. Guidelines for ex vivo mechanical testing of tendon. J Orthop Res, 2023, in press.
Dickinson LN, Wang VM, Wayne JS, Clements JR. How Much Angular Offset is Acceptable to Achieve Minimum Contact for a Successful 1st Metatarsophalangeal Joint Fusion? J Foot Ankle Surg, 62(2):371-376, 2023.
Rahbar E, Diaz-Garelli F, Wang VM, VandeVord P, Weaver AA. Looking back on graduate BME admissions data: Lessons learned and implications for holistic review and diversity. Biomedical Engineering Education, 2(2):101-112, 2022.
Rezvani SN, Nichols AEC, Grange RW, Dahlgren LA, Brolinson PG, Wang VM. A Novel Murine Muscle Loading Model to Investigate Achilles Musculotendinous Adaptation. Journal of Applied Physiology 2021; 130(4):1043-1051.
Greising S and Wang VM.Â Cross-talk with skeletal muscle and its nexus with regenerative rehabilitation. Connect Tissue Res, 2021 Jan; 62(1):1-3. (Guest Co-Editor of Special Issue)
Wang VM, Cheung CA, Kozar AJ, Huang B. Machine Learning Applications in Orthopaedic Imaging. Journal of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2020 May 15; 28(10):e415-e417. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-19-00688.
Visit full bibliography here