Vincent Wang, Ph.D.
- Director of Industry Partners Program
- Biomedical Imaging
- Solid mechanics
- Tendon healing and repair
- Skeletal tissue mechanobiology
- Orthopedic biomechanics
- Medical imaging and machine learning
- Reproductive biomechanics
- Mount Sinai School of Medicine: Postdoctoral Fellowship, 2001-2005
- Columbia University: Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, 2001
- Columbia University: M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1996
- Columbia University: B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 1994
Awards, Honors, and Service
Selected Awards and Honors
- Faculty Fellow, Asian Cultural Engagement Center, 2020 - 2021
- Kevin P. Granata Faculty Fellow (Virginia Tech), August 2016 - 2021
- Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation (MTF) Junior Investigator Grant, 2011
- Individual National Research Service Award (NRSA), National Institutes of Health, 2003-2005
- Sheng Fellowship, Fu Foundation School of Engineering & Applied Science, Columbia University, 1999-00
- Charles S. Neer Award for basic science research, American Shoulder and Elbow Surgeons Society, 1996
- Co-Chair, Asian Pacific Islander Desi American (APIDA) Caucus, 2020 - present
- Member, Board of Directors, Orthopaedic Research Society (ORS), 2020 - 2022
- Chair, ORS Advocacy Council, 2020 - 2022
- Chair, ORS Scientific Communications Committee, 2018-2020
- BMES 2018 Annual Meeting Track Chair, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation
- Associate Editor, Connective Tissue Research, 2015-present
- NIH SBSR/SBIR/STTR ad hoc reviewer, 2013-present
Rezvani SN, Nichols AEC, Grange RW, Dahlgren LA, Brolinson PG, Wang VM. A Novel Murine Muscle Loading Model to Investigate Achilles Musculotendinous Adaptation. Journal of Applied Physiology 2021; 130(4):1043-1051.
Greising S and Wang VM.Â Cross-talk with skeletal muscle and its nexus with regenerative rehabilitation. Connect Tissue Res, 2021 Jan; 62(1):1-3. (Guest Co-Editor of Special Issue)
Wang VM, Cheung CA, Kozar AJ, Huang B. Machine Learning Applications in Orthopaedic Imaging. Journal of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. 2020 May 15; 28(10):e415-e417. doi: 10.5435/JAAOS-D-19-00688.
Virk MS, Aiyash SS, Frank RM, Mellano CS, Shewman EF, Wang VM, Romeo AA. Biomechanical comparison of subscapularis peel and lesser tuberosity osteotomy for double-row subscapularis repair technique in a cadaveric arthroplasty model. Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery and Research. 2019 Nov 28; 14(1):391. doi: 10.1186/s13018-019-1372-x.
Rezvani SN, Chen J, Li J, Midura R, Cali V, Sandy JD, Plaas A, Wang VM. In-Vivo Efficacy of Recombinant Human Hyaluronidase (rHuPH20) Injection for Accelerated Healing of Murine Retrocalcaneal Bursitis and Tendinopathy. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 2020 Jan; 38(1):59-69. doi: 10.1002/jor.24459.
Guidetti M, Zampini MA, Gandini G, Gupta A, Li W, Magin RL, Wang VM. Diffusion Tensor Imaging of Tendons and Ligaments at Ultra-High Magnetic Fields. Crit Rev Biomed Eng. 2018; 46(4):311-339.
Sikes KJ, Renner K, Li J, Grande-Allen KJ, Connell JP, Cali V, Midura RJ, Sandy JD, Plaas A, Wang VM. Knockout of hyaluronan synthase 1, but not 3, impairs formation of the retrocalcaneal bursa. J Orthop Res. 2018 Oct; 36(10):2622-2632.
Sikes KJ, Li J, Gao SG, Shen Q, Sandy JD, Plaas A, Wang VM. TGF-b1 or hypoxia enhance glucose metabolism and lactate production via HIF1A signaling in tendon cells. Connect Tissue Res. 2018 Sep; 59(5):458-471.
Trella KJ, Li J, Stylianou E, Wang VM, Frank JM, Galante J, Sandy JD, Plaas A, Wysocki R. Genome-wide analysis identifies differential promoter methylation of Leprel2, Foxf1, Mmp25, Igfbp6, and Peg12 in murine tendinopathy. J Orthop Res. 2017 May; 35(5):947-955.
Wang VM, Karas V, Lee AS, Yin Z, Van Thiel GS, Hussey K, Sumner DR, Chubinskaya S, Magin RL, Verma NN, Romeo AA, Cole BJ. Assessment of glenoid chondral healing: comparison of microfracture to autologous matrix-induced chondrogenesis in a novel rabbit shoulder model. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2015 Nov; 24(11):1789-1800.