Eli Vlaisavljevich, Ph.D.
- Biomedical imaging
- Tissue Engineering
- Translational Cancer Research
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Acoustic cavitation
- Non-invasive tissue ablation (histotripsy, HIFU)
- Nanoparticle-mediated histotripsy (NMH)
- Ultrasound-guided tissue regeneration
- Ultrasonic neuromodulation
- Medical device development
- University of Michigan: Postdoctoral Researcher, Biomedical Engineering (20% Appointment), 2015-2017
- HistoSonics, Inc.: Product Development Engineer (80% Appointment), 2015-2017
- University of Michigan, Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering 2015
- University of Michigan, M.S., Biomedical Engineering 2013
- Michigan Technological University: B.S.E, Biomedical Engineering, 2010
Awards, Honors, and Service
- 2019: Engineering Organization Advisor Award
- 2019: Junior Faculty Award (Institute for Critical and Applied Technology)
- 2019: Liviu Librescu Faculty Prize for Outstanding Accomplishments
- 2015: Richard and Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding Ph.D. Research
- 2012: IEEE IUS Student Travel Award
- 2010: Lowe’s Senior Class Award, Finalist
- 2010: WCHA Student-Athlete of the Year
- 2010: C. William Hall Scholarship (Society for Biomaterials)
- 2010: WCHA Post-Graduate Scholarship
- 2010: NSF Graduate Research Fellowship
- 2008-2010: WCHA Scholar Athlete, 3-time award recipient
- 2008-2010: WCHA All-Academic Team, 3-time award recipient
- 2008-2010: Slide Rule Award (Academic Excellence-MTU Hockey), 3-time award recipient
- 2009: Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- 2009: Provost Award for Scholarship, Michigan Tech University
- 2009: Biomedical Engineering Scholar of the Department
- 2009: Michigan Tech Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship
- 2009: ESPN the Magazine All-Academic Team (College Sports Information Directors of America)
- 2009: Biotech Research Center Travel Grant
Vlaisavljevich E, Maxwell A, Mancia L, Johnsen E, Cain C, Xu Z. Visualizing the Histotripsy Process: Bubble Cloud-Cancer Cell Interactions. Ultrasound Med Biol. (2016).
Vlaisavljevich E, Xu Z, Maxwell A, Mancia L, Lin K, Zhang X, Duryea A, Hall T, Johnsen E, Cain C. Effects of Temperature on the Histotripsy Intrinsic Threshold for Cavitation. IEEE TUFFC. (2016).
Vlaisavljevich E, Xu Z, Arvidson A, Jin L, Roberts W, Cain C. Effects of thermal preconditioning on tissue susceptibility to histotripsy. Ultrasound Med Biol. (2015).
Vlaisavljevich E, Lin K, Maxwell A, Warnez M, Mancia L, Singh R, Putnam A, Fowlkes B, Johnsen E, Cain C, Xu Z. Effects of ultrasound frequency and tissue stiffness on the histotripsy intrinsic threshold for cavitation. Ultrasound Med Biol. (2015).
Vlaisavljevich E, Lin K, Warnez M, Singh R, Mancia L, Putnam A, Johnsen E, Cain C, Xu Z. Effects of tissue stiffness, ultrasound frequency, and pressure on histotripsy-induced cavitation bubble behavior. Phys Med Biol. (2015).
Vlaisavljevich E, Kim Y, Owens G, Roberts W, Cain C, Xu Z. Effects of tissue mechanical properties on susceptibility to histotripsy-induced tissue damage. Phys Med Biol. (2014). 59(2):253-70.
Vlaisavljevich E, Kim Y, Allen S, Owens G, Pelletier S, Cain C, Ives K, Xu Z. Image-guided non-invasive ultrasound liver ablation using histotripsy: feasibility study in an in vivo porcine model. Ultrasound Med Biol. (2013). 39(8):1398-409.
Vlaisavljevich E, Durmaz YY, Maxwell A, Elsayed M, Xu Z. Nanodroplet-mediated histotripsy for image-guided targeted ultrasound cell ablation. Theranostics. 2013;3(11):851-64. PMCID: PMC3841336.
Vlaisavljevich E, Aydin O, Lin KW, Durmaz YY, Fowlkes B, ElSayed M, Xu Z. The role of positive and negative pressure on cavitation nucleation in nanodroplet-mediated histotripsy. Phys Med Biol. 2015;61(2):663-82.
Vlaisavljevich E, Greve J, Cheng X, Ives K, Shi J, Jin L, Arvidson A, Hall T, Welling TH, Owens G, Roberts W, Xu Z. Non-Invasive Ultrasound Liver Ablation Using Histotripsy: Chronic Study in an In Vivo Rodent Model. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016;42(8):1890-902. PMCID: PMC4912895.