Robin Queen, Ph.D.
- Faculty Fellow for Health Data Privacy, Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- Foot and ankle biomechanics
- Loading symmetry and the implications for joint damage and injury prevention
- Energy recovery: Limb and functional decline
- Post-operative return of function
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, 2004
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2001
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: B.S., Applied Science - Biomaterials, 2000
Awards, Honors, and Service
- Adele Boskey Award from the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2020
- Executive Leadership in Academic Technology, Engineering and Science (ELATES) Fellow, 2019-2020
- Fellow of International Orthopaedic Research (FIOR) from the International Combined Orthopaedic Research Society, 2019
- AAOS Kappa Delta Young Investigator Award - Using Lower Extremity Biomechanics in Patients with Ankle Osteoarthritis and Ankle Arthroplasty to Direct Clinical Care, 2017
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, 2014
- Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting Topic Chair: Foot and Ankle (2019-2021)
- American College of Sports Medicine: SHI: Youth Health and Sports Committee (2013-2022)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Executive Board (2017-2020)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Diversity Chair (2017-2020)
- Orthopaedic Research Society: Diversity and Inclusion Task Force (2019-2020)
- Biomedical Engineering Society: Ethics Subcommittee (2017-2020)
JB Taylor, KR Ford, RM Queen, EC Owen, AS Gisselman. Incorporating internal and external training load measurements in clinical decision making for patients after ACL reconstruction. IJSM (In Press)
LC Dickerson, RM Queen. Effects of Ankle Bracing on Foot Posture and Plantar Loading. Journal of Athletic Training (In Press)
A Zeininger, D Schmitt, C Hughes-Oliver, RM Queen. The Effect of Ankle Osteoarthritis and Total Ankle Arthroplasty on Center of Pressure Position. Journal of Orthopaedic Research (In Press)
LC Dickerson, AT Peebles, JT Moskal, TK Miller, RM Queen. Physical performance improves with time and a functional knee brace in ACL reconstructed athletes. Orthopaedic Journal of Sports Medicine. (In Press)
AT Peebles, Â§MM Carroll, JJ Socha, D Schmitt, RM Queen. Validity of using automated two-dimensional video analysis to measure continuous sagittal plane running kinematics. Annals of Biomedical Engineering (In-Press - ePub) doi: 10.1007/s10439-020-02569-y.
AT Peebles, LC Dickerson, â€¡KE Renner, RM Queen. Sex-Based Differences in Landing Mechanics Vary between the Drop Vertical Jump and Stop Jump. Journal of Biomechanics. 105: 109818,2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2020.109818.
T Alliston, K Foucher, CJ Hernandez, K Kozloff, K Lewis, S Liu, D Mercer, R Ochia, C Rimnac, M C H van der Meulen, RM Queen, B Frederick, J Iatridis, and JJ Westendorf. The Importance of Diversity and Inclusion in the Orthopaedic Research Society. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 38: 1661-1665, 2020.
RM Queen, LC Dickerson, S Ranganathan, D Schmitt. A novel method for measuring asymmetry in kinematic and kinetic variables: The Normalized Symmetry Index. Journal of Biomechanics. 99: 109531, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2019.109531.
CN Hughes-Oliver, KA Harrison, DSB Williams, RM Queen. Statistical Parametric Mapping as a Measure of Differences between Limbs: Applications to Clinical Populations. Journal of Applied Biomechanics. 35: 377-387, 2019.
AT Peebles, KR Ford, JB Taylor, JM Hart, LP Sands, and RM Queen. Using force sensing insoles to predict kinetic knee symmetry during a stop jump. Journal of Biomechanics. 95: 109293, 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2019.07.037
AT Peebles, TK Miller, JT Moskal, RM Queen. Hop testing symmetry improves with time and while wearing a functional knee brace in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructed athletes. Clinical Biomechanics. 70: 66-71, 2019.