Robin Queen, Ph.D.
- Faculty Fellow for Health Data Privacy, Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- Foot and ankle biomechanics
- Loading symmetry and the implications for joint damage and injury prevention
- Energy recovery: Limb and functional decline
- Post-operative return of function
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, 2004
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2001
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: B.S., Applied Science - Biomaterials, 2000
Awards, Honors, and Service
- Executive Leadership in Academic Technology, Engineering and Science (ELATES) Fellow, 2019-2020
- Fellow of International Orthopaedic Research (FIOR) from the International Combined Orthopaedic Research Society, 2019
- Adele Boskey Award from the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2019
- AAOS Kappa Delta Young Investigator Award - Using Lower Extremity Biomechanics in Patients with Ankle Osteoarthritis and Ankle Arthroplasty to Direct Clinical Care, 2017
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, 2014
- Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting Topic Chair: Foot and Ankle (2019-2021)
- American College of Sports Medicine: SHI: Youth Health and Sports Committee (2013-2022)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Executive Board (2017-2020)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Diversity Chair (2017-2020)
- Orthopaedic Research Society: Diversity and Inclusion Task Force (2019-2020)
- Biomedical Engineering Society: Ethics Subcommittee (2017-2020)
AT Peebles, KR Ford, JB Taylor, JM Hart, LP Sands, and RM Queen. Using force sensing shoe insoles to predict kinetic knee symmetry during a stop jump. Journal of Biomechanics. (In Press-epub)
AT Peebles, TK Miller, JT Moskal, RM Queen. Hop testing symmetry improves with time and while wearing a functional knee brace in anterior cruciate ligament reconstructed athletes. Clinical Biomechanics. 70: 66-71, 2019.
RM Queen, JC Campbell, D Schmitt. Gait Analysis Reveals that Total Hip Arthroplasty Increases Power Production in the Hip During Level Walking and Stair Climbing. Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research. 477(8):1839-1847, 2019.
S Shultz, C Oliver-Hughes; D Wells; K Sheerin; PW Fink; GG Handsfield; K Hebert-Losier; J Clarke; RM Queen. Can Research Align with Service? Lessons Learned from the Big Experiment and National Biomechanics Day. Journal of Biomechanics. 87:202-205, 2019.
SM Ulman, RM Queen, D Srinivasan. Gait Variability to Predict Motor Learning of a Novel Motor Task. Archives of Biomedical Engineering. 47(5):1191-1202, 2019.
AT Peebles, KE Renner, TK Miller, JT Moskal, RM Queen. Associations between Distance and Loading Symmetry during Return to Sport Hop Testing Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 51(4):624-629, 2019.
KE Renner, DSB Williams, RM Queen. The Reliability and Validity of the loadsolÂ® Under Various Walking and Running Conditions. Sensors. 19(2):E265, 2019.
A Peebles, KE Renner, LA Maguire, RM Queen. Validity and Repeatability of the Single Sensor loadsol During Landing. Sensors. 18(12): 4082, 2018.
CN Hughes-Oliver, D Srinivasan, D Schmitt, and RM Queen. Gender and limb differences in temporal gait parameters and gait variability in ankle osteoarthritis. Gait and Posture. 65: 228-233, 2018.
K Renner, CT Franck, TK Miller, RM Queen. Limb Asymmetry During Recovery from Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 36(7): 1887-1893, 2018.