Robin Queen, Ph.D.
- Foot and ankle biomechanics
- Loading symmetry and the implications for joint damage and injury prevention
- Energy recovery: Limb and functional decline
- Post-operative return of function
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, 2004
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2001
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: B.S., Applied Science - Biomaterials, 2000
Awards, Honors, and Service
- Orthopedic Research Society: Women’s Leadership Forum Committee (2013 – 2018), Committee Chair 2015-2017; Annual Meeting Committee (2015-2017); Basic Science Committee (2015-2017)
- American College of Sports Medicine: SHI: Youth Health and Sports Committee (2013 – 2016), Exhibits Advisory Committee (2014 - 2018), Fellow (2014 - present)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons: Women’s Health Issues Advisory Board (2015-2017)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Awards Committee (2015)
- Foot and Ankle International Editorial Board (July 2013 - Present)
K Renner, CT Franck, TK Miller, RM Queen. Limb Asymmetry During Recovery from Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction. JOR (In Press)
B Dai, WE Garrett, MT Gross, DA Padua, RM Queen, B Yu. The Effect of Performance Demands on Lower Extremity Biomechanics during Landing and Cutting Tasks. Journal of Sport and Health Science. In Press-epub
J Gladish, DW Powell, LE Allison, RM Queen. Center of Pressure Profiles in Unilateral Compared to Bilateral End-Stage Ankle Osteoarthritis Patients. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 35(12): 2749-2754, 2017.
ED Merritt, CN Brown, RM Queen, KJ Simpson, JD Schmidt. Concussion History and Time Since Concussion Do Not Influence Static and Dynamic Balance in Collegiate Athletes. Journal of Sports Rehabilitation. 26(6): 518-523, 2017.
DR Sturnick, CA Demetracopoulos, SJ Ellis, RM Queen, J Burkett, JT Deland, JR Baxter. Adjacent Joint Kinematics after Ankle Arthrodesis in Cadaveric Gait Simulation. Foot and Ankle International. 38(11): 1249-1259, 2017.
RM Queen, C Franck, D Schmitt, SB Adams. Are There Differences in Gait Mechanics in Patients With A Fixed Versus Mobile Bearing Total Ankle Arthroplasty? A Randomized Trial. CORR. 475(10): 2599-2606, 2017.
Queen, RM. Infographic: ACL injury reconstruction and recovery. Bone Joint Res. 6(11): 621-622, 2017.
RM Queen. Directing Clinical Care Using Lower Extremity Biomechanics in Patients with Ankle Osteoarthritis and Ankle Arthroplasty. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. 35(11): 2345-2355, 2017.
SS Wellman, M Klement, RM Queen. Performance Comparison of Single-Radius vs. J-Curve Femoral Component in TKA: A Prospective, Randomized Study Using the Lower-Quarter Y Balance Test. Orthopedics. 40(6): e1074-e1080, 2017.
E Lee, MS Fragala, S Kavouras, RM Queen, JL Pryor, DJ Casa. Biomarkers in sports and exercise: tracking health and performance in athletes. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 31(10): 2920-2937, 2017.