Nerve Mechanics Lab
- Solid Mechanics
- Tissue Engineering
- Nerve mechanics
- Ocular mechanics
- Cardiovascular mechanics
- Soft tissue mechanics
- Multiscale experimental mechanics
- Solid mechanics modeling
- Johns Hopkins University: Postdoctoral Fellow, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Department of Ophthalmology, Wilmer Eye Institute 2018-2022
- Yale University: Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, 2018
- Georgia Institute of Technology: B.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2012
- Emory University: B.S., Biology, 2012
Awards, Honors, Service
- ISER/BrightFocus Glaucoma Symposium Travel Award, 2022
- Rising Star in Mechanical Engineering, 2021
- Academic Leadership for Women in Engineering Program, SWE 2020
- Society of Women in Engineering
- Tau Beta Pi National Engineering Honor Society
Korneva A, Kimball EC, Quillen S., Jefferys JL, Nawathe M, Ling YL, Nguyen TD, Quigley HA. Mechanical strain in the mouse astrocytic lamina increases after exposure to recombinant trypsin. Acta Biomaterialia. 2022.
Kimball E, Schaub J, Quillen S, Keuthan C, Pease ME, Korneva A, Quigley H. The role of aquaporin-4 in optic nerve head astrocytes in experimental glaucoma. PLoS ONE 2021. Feb;16(2):e0244123.
Korneva A, Kimball EC, Jefferys JL, Pease M, Quigley HA, Nguyen TD. Biomechanics of the optic nerve head and peripapillary sclera in a mouse model of glaucoma. Journal of the Royal Society Interface. 2020. Dec;17(173):20200708
Quillen S, Schaub J, Quigley H, Pease ME, Korneva A, Kimball, EC. Astrocyte responses to experimental glaucoma in mouse optic nerve head. PLoS ONE 2020. 15(8):e0238104.
Korneva A, Schaub J, Jefferys J, Kimball E, Pease ME, Nawathe M, Johnson TV, Pitha IA, Quigley H. A method to quantify regional axonal transport blockade at the optic nerve head after short term intraocular pressure elevation in mice. Experimental Eye Research. 2020. Jul;196:108035.