Robin Queen, Ph.D.
- Faculty Fellow for Health Data Privacy, Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation
- Foot and ankle biomechanics
- Loading symmetry and the implications for joint damage and injury prevention
- Energy recovery: Limb and functional decline
- Post-operative return of function
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: Ph.D., Biomedical Engineering, 2004
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: M.S., Biomedical Engineering, 2001
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill: B.S., Applied Science - Biomaterials, 2000
Awards, Honors, and Service
- Fellow of the American Society of Biomechanics, 2021
- Adele Boskey Award from the Orthopaedic Research Society, 2020
- Executive Leadership in Academic Technology, Engineering and Science (ELATES) Fellow, 2019-2020
- Fellow of International Orthopaedic Research (FIOR) from the International Combined Orthopaedic Research Society, 2019
- AAOS Kappa Delta Young Investigator Award - Using Lower Extremity Biomechanics in Patients with Ankle Osteoarthritis and Ankle Arthroplasty to Direct Clinical Care, 2017
- Fellow of the American College of Sports Medicine, 2014
- Orthopaedic Research Society Annual Meeting Topic Chair: Foot and Ankle (2019-2021)
- American College of Sports Medicine: SHI: Youth Health and Sports Committee (2013-2022)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Executive Board (2017-2020)
- American Society of Biomechanics: Diversity Chair (2017-2020)
- Orthopaedic Research Society: Diversity and Inclusion Task Force (2019-2020)
- Biomedical Engineering Society: Ethics Subcommittee (2017-2020)
J Mesisca, AT Peebles, and RM Queen. Including Jump Height when Normalizing Single Hop Impact Kinetics Can Change the Directionality of Findings. Clinical Biomechanics (2021, In Press).
M Liu, C Hughes-Oliver, RM Queen, L Zuo. A Lightweight Wearable Biomechanical Energy Harvester. Smart Materials and Structures (2021, In Press-epub).
LC Dickerson, RM Queen. The Design and Validation of a Low-Cost Foot Measurement System. Journal of Biomechanical Engineering. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4050751 (2021, In Press-epub)
AT Peebles, TK Miller, RM Queen. Landing Biomechanics Deficits in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Patients Can be Assessed in a Non-laboratory Setting. Journal of Orthopaedic Research PMID: 33738820. DOI: 10.1002/jor.25039. (2021, In Press-epub)
CN Hughes-Oliver, W. Reed, D Schmitt, S. Arent, LP Sands, RM Queen. Factors Contributing to Racial Differences in Gait Mechanics Differ by Gender. Gait and Posture. PMID: 33658154. DOI: 10.1016/j.gaitpost.2021.02.024 (2021, In Press - epub).
K Renner and RM Queen. Change in Force-based Metrics during Outdoor Two- and Four- Mile Runs. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. doi: 10.1249/MSS.0000000000002653 (2021, In Press - epub)
M Liu, C Hughes-Oliver, RM Queen, L Zuo. Energy Harvesting from Human Walking: Generating Electricity by Harvesting Negative Muscle Work. Renewable Energy (2021, In Press).
A Luftglass, AT Peebles, TK Miller, RM Queen. The Impact of Standardized Footwear on Load and Load Symmetry. Clinical Biomechanics. 88: 2021. PMID: 34246037.
RM Queen and D Schmitt. Sex-Specific Difference in Dynamic Balance Following Total Hip Replacement. Innovations in Aging. 5(2): 1-8, 2021. PMCID: PMC8304153
AT Peebles, DSB Williams, RM Queen. Bilateral Squatting Mechanics are Associated with Landing Mechanics in Anterior Cruciate Ligament Reconstruction Patients. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 49(10):2638-2644, 2021. PMID: 34236927.
A Peebles, J Savla, T Ollendick, RM Queen. Landing Asymmetry is Associated with Psychological Factors After ACL Reconstruction. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise. 53(7):1446-1451, 2021
A Zeininger, D Schmitt, C Hughes-Oliver, RM Queen. The Effect of Ankle Osteoarthritis and Total Ankle Arthroplasty on Center of Pressure Position. Journal of Orthopaedic Research. PMID: 32918492, 39(6): 1245-1252, 2021.
AT Peebles, SL Arena, RM Queen. A new method for assessing landing kinematics in non-laboratory settings. Physical Therapy in Sport. 49, 21-30, 2021.