Spring 2021 VT-WFU School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (SBES) Seminar Series
Seminars are held weekly on Fridays from 11 am to 12:15 pm and all are welcome to attend. For more information, please contact Steve Rowson.
- Paolo Maccarini, PhD. Duke University. Enhancing Thermal Medicine: From Smart Radiometry-Guided Ablation to Synergistic Immunotherapy.
- Eno Ebong, PhD. Northeastern University. Role of Glycocalyx Mediated Mechanobiology in Atherosclerosis and Cancer Metastasis.
- Asmeret Asefaw Berhe, PhD. University of California, Merced. Ten simple rules for building an antiracist lab
- Kristi L. Kiick, PhD. University of Delaware. Nanostructured (Poly)peptide Materials for Thermoresponsive and Cell-Directed Therapies.
- Biraja Dash, PhD. Yale University. Tapping the Secretory Function of Human iPSC-derived Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells to Develop Therapies.
- Samir Ghadiali, PhD. Ohio State University. Pharmaco-mechanical Approaches to Preventing Ventilation Induced Lung Injury.
- Samira Musah, PhD. Duke University. Microenvironments for stem cell differentiation and disease modeling.
- Michael Fisher, Georgia Tech. The Pedicle Screw Controversy - Technology and Society.
- Katrin Elbert, PhD. Ethicon. Medical Device Engineering in the Real World.
- Cynthia Bir, PhD. Wayne State University. Injury Biomechanics: Making an Impact.