Fall 2020 VT-WFU School of Biomedical Engineering and Sciences (SBES) Seminar Series
Seminars are held weekly on Tuesdays from 11 am - 12:15 pm and all are welcome to attend. Please contact Steve Rowson for more information.
- Becky Mueller, MS. Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. Developing a car crash test: history of the IIHS small overlap crash test.
- Shuo Xiao, PhD. Rutgers. 3D encapsulated in vitro ovarian tissue culture and ovary-on-a-chip for ovarian toxicity and ovulation screening.
- Richard Superfine, PhD. University of North Carolina. Combining Volumetric Morphodynamics and Force Measurements for Understanding Cell Mechanobiology in Space and Time.
- Ellen Roche, PhD. MIT. Biohybrid Simulators: Integrating organic components with synthetic soft robots.
- Adam Bartsch, PhD. Prevent Biometrics. Trusting your gut: How to persevere in Academia when your work is too 'Industrial', and function in Industry when your work is too 'Academic.’
- Abigail Koppes, PhD. Northeastern. Engineered models of the enteric-gut axis.
- Stephanie Rivera. Cook Medical. What to Expect as a Professional Biomedical Engineer.
- Dianne Langford, PhD. Temple. The glymphatic system and disrupted CNS waste disposal.
- Mehmet Kurt, PhD. Stevens Institute of Technology. Tackling Brain Diseases with Mechanics and Advanced Neuroimaging.
- Edward Botchwey, PhD. GA Tech. Towards Regenerative Immunotherapy: Using Biomaterials for Local Delivery of Bioactive Lipids and Pro-resolving Lipid Mediators.
- Georgina Smith. US Army Medical Recruitment Center. Bringing BME to the Army: Career & Collaboration Opportunities for Biomedical Engineers
- Xu Xu, PhD. NC State. Onsite occupational safety evaluation with portable sensors.
- Lamar Mair, PhD. Weinberg Medical Physics Inc. Rotating magnetic fields in particle manipulation: Applications in attacking microbes, transport through tissues, and drug delivery.
- Chris Pan, PhD. CDC NIOSH. Construction TBI prevention.